Friday 13 March 2015

Morse 12R Roller Chain For Howard Rotavators

A customer brought a chain link to my trade counter recently. I measured it as 1.1/2" pitch but it was a special, manufactured here in the UK for Howard themselves and was so old it might be considered a relic! The part number was 12R. Fortunately my supplier was able to offer me stock though the price certainly made me wince.

More recently another customer who had read a previous blog on the WMT Bearings website contacted me wanting an offset link for the same chain. Unfortunately it wasnt  possible to supply because they are no longer made.The supplier suggested an alternative roller chain which is readily available and can be used in place of the 12R chain.

WMT Bearings can supply a full range of British and American standard chains made by all the leading names. We also keep some budget roller chain and conn/crank links on our shelves. We can also supply sprockets/platewheels as well.

For further details/quotation please call us on 01743 850618 or email sales

2 comments: